Friday, April 5, 2013

they lowered the age!!

We just went through a couple of weeks of mourning about something that I am sure I will share one day, but just not yet. While mourning never really ends, for now it has at least subsided in some ways.
Today was a happy day though as I randomly (is there really such a thing as random or a coincidence?) went on the international adoption website that lists each country and their adoption requirements. Before, almost every country had a minimum age for applicants to be 25 but today when I was looking at the Ethiopia page it said there was only an age minimum if you were applying as a single applicant! What the What?! I could not believe it!
In a way it makes me ashamed because I have been so mad at God for the past few weeks, but maybe this turn of events was His plan all along. The good thing is that I know God knows me and understands the emotions of grief, anger, saddness, and dispair so he doesn't hold it against me.
After reading this news I immediately called Jordy and told him and then phoned the person in Regina that handles international adoption. He wasn't there, but I left a message and hopefully we can set up a meeting with him right away to get started on our application.
Baby, we're coming for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment