Wednesday, February 20, 2013

the beginning

I was always interested in the idea of adopting and had always felt a little tug on my heart concerning it. One of my favorite memories is spending time at a few of the orphanages I had the chance to visit in Africa several years ago. I will never forget those kids and all the things they taught me. One thing I remember in particular was visiting the baby room for only a few short minutes and seeing the babies lined up against the walls around their room in car seats and nothing but silence. They were so serious and it broke my heart because all I wanted to do was hold them all and bring them home with me to love on.
Jordy and I have decided to pursue adoption and I know that this is going to be a long and hard road but so worth it. I believe that we have been called to adoption for this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment