Wednesday, September 11, 2013

first screening

Jordy got a call yesterday from the local adoption social worker and we have an appointment for our first initial screening. She is going to send us an adoption package that we have to complete prior to our appointment next week. I think this is the part where we start deciding on things like the age, gender, race, etc. that we would accept. I think this will be really difficult because how can you say "yes we will accept a child who is 18 months but not 24 months" or something like that. Or even harder, how do you limit what kind disabilities you would accept. I don't know if I could... I think we have a lot of praying and talking to do about these decisions before we can make any. Your prayers would definately be appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment